I have lots of random things to talk about after not posting for a week! Crazy, hectic week at work makes it hard to keep up with posts!
First off, I am so excited about the messages I’m getting about Paleo and just love all the questions people are asking! While I’m definitely not a professional or expert on the subject, I do love sharing my knowledge, ideas and experiences with people that are interested! Paleo on, people!!
Secondly, I have to congratulate my sister-in-law! She has been doing Paleo for 13 days and has lost TEN pounds! If that isn’t inspirational, I don’t know what is! She has been committed since day one and continues to kick ass every single day! I just couldn’t be more proud. You rock, Ally, keep up the hard work!
So, today was my last “long run” before our race NEXT SATURDAY!! I only did 6 miles today which was much needed after last weekend’s 12-miler! My feet and legs thanked me. Which reminds me I didn’t post pics of our Coney Island run – see below. I’m so excited for the race next weekend, I can hardly wait. I’m also so thankful for all of the generous donations I’ve received so far – just makes me that much more motivated to run (walk)!
I made it to Coney Island from the Brooklyn Bridge with my wonderful run crew!
And may have had a hot dog at Nathan’s. But I did resist the funnel cake!
We didn’t make it on any of the rides.
At least I can now say I’ve been to Coney Island!
I mentioned it earlier, and I’ve made the decision to kick it into high gear and FINALLY get the body I’ve always wanted. Instead of sitting here every day wishing I had more defined muscles, a tighter stomach, etc., I’m gonna make it happen. I’m doing it. No matter how long it takes. And I realize since I’m basically telling the world, I kind of have to stick to it. Game on! To kick it off, I’m starting this 21-Day Challenge on Monday (join me!). I pretty much already stick to everything she is asking you to do, except for fish oil…I need to do my research on fish oil. And not drinking alcohol – I’ll do my best. But I need to get back to being really strict, and I love the idea of logging my points every day and holding myself accountable. I’m most excited about getting daily tips/challenges from Emily! Can’t wait to share my experience on this challenge! I’ve been trying my best to do strict Paleo for the past 2 weeks to kind of prepare for the challenge, and I forgot how quickly my body reacts when I cut out all of the bad stuff. I’m motivated all over again!
I keep thinking of things that I haven’t had or positive changes I’ve noticed since I started Paleo back in May (almost FIVE months ago), and want share some of them with you. So, here’s a list of things I’m proud of.
1. I haven’t had a bagel in 5 months. I don’t know if you can fully appreciate this unless you live in NYC (best bagels ever, just a block from our apt). I used to eat them at least twice a week, if not more! Oh, and we get free bagels every Friday at work. They sure do smell good!
2. Bread. I haven’t eaten a legit piece of bread in 5 months. I have had (maybe) 3 slices of pizza, and no, I’m not counting that as bread. I realize that bagels fall into the bread category, but they were a much bigger part of my life, so they get their own category. And of course they are number one.
3. Soft drinks. This a phenomenal victory for a former Diet Dr. Pepper addict. And let me just add that I have access to unlimited Diet Dr. Pepper at work. We actually have one of those fountain drink machines where you can make your own drink. And unlimited cans…ohhhh temptation!
4. Cereal, oatmeal, granola. Nada.
5. Pasta. I really can’t believe I haven’t had pasta in that long. Cray.
6. My hair has been growing SO freaking fast and I had no idea why. Now I think I have an idea. Remove bad foods, hair will grow faster.
7. This has nothing to do with Paleo, but since I’ve been training for my half marathon, I’m noticing some nice new definition in my thighs. I love seeing new changes!
8. #7 just reminded me that I’ve now been training for 3 months for this half marathon! It’s about time it got here!
9. I am noticing during workouts how much stronger I am now. That feels awesome!
10. Lastly, this is the longest I’ve stuck to anything in my life. I’m so proud of myself for actually turning this into a lifestyle change (with the occasional cheat). I feel better physically and feel better about myself, and you really can’t beat that.
Ok, I’m done bragging on myself. I just can’t believe all of the things I’ve given up and really don’t even crave anymore and all of the positive changes I’m continuing to see. I just want everyone to know that it’s possible to make healthy changes in your life. And it isn’t that hard. Just take baby steps…I promise, If I can do it, so can YOU!
To continue the randomness, I have to show off my sister’s wreaths. She makes them all by hand on her own. She is just so talented, and I wish I could buy them all, though I probably need a front door first! Just to give you an idea, here is one of my favorites! Go check out her Etsy Shop. She can make any custom wreath – you won’t be disappointed!
WAR EAGLE! Hoping for a victory over LSU tonight!
Well, I think this is about as random as it gets for a post, but there you have it! My thoughts for the day. Happy Saturday everyone – time to go watch some football!!